Saturday, June 8, 2013

Present

Hmm, sigh!
Is that all left to say?
a lone traveler contemplates
searching for words to elaborate.

We are all nomads peregrinating here and there
destined to meet somewhere
expecting to get somewhere
wishing to keep the candle-of-hope lit forever.

No, you're not alone, but you're a lone traveler
equipped with an exalted super-power
a power you must choose wisely
endued to you by an upper deity.

The power advocates you to transmute:
-fear into your better half
-depression into introspection
-regrets into lessons

With curiosity, traveler cried: "Name the power that lies within me."
noting the changes in the pitch, surrounding whispered
a susurration was felt near the traveler's ear, and it cried:
"See those leaves flying, wind buttressing leaves to fly
 through your senses infer what in front of you lies.
 The power to value the present for what it is
 by disbarring cacophonies of the past
 by occluding wanna-be-thoughts of the future
 a power which will lie with you forever
 that is the power I am whispering to you, traveler."

Hmm, sigh!
that is not all left to say
let me laugh, let me pray
let me cry, let me play
of all the choices I make
I will be the one to face
Not you, not them
but my present.

No comments:

Post a Comment